About Shree Motiramji Thakare Shikshan Prasarak Mandal
The Shri Motiramji Thakare Shikshan Prasarak Mandal, Kasola has come a long way since its inception in 1983.The dream of providing contemporary higher education to the students of this rural area was realized by untiring and selfless endeavor of the founders with generous support from the people and the government. The journey continues by establishing Yashawantrao Chavan Arts and Science Mahavidyalaya in 1992 with even more ambitious plans for the future because the rural student population is now aware of the demands of changing times and hungry for even more. The management is all set to expand the horizons in the field of education in this remote rural area by opting for courses in MOU with Yashvantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nasik to conduct the B.A., B.Com. & D.M. L.T. courses and with 5 other institute for research, sports, students training, joint field work & e-class room. The Vision, Mission and Objectives of the institute are
Vission : Education for Social Excellence.
- To provide quality education particularly to the students from rural background for overall personality development.
- To drive for outstanding performance of students.
- To promote research and consultancy for social excellence.
- To promote teaching and learning through evaluation process.
Objectives : Pursuit of excellence and drive for outstanding performance.
- The college offers 2 U.G. programmes, 1 Ph. D. programme in Arts stream and 4 Ph. D. programmes in Science stream, & applied for 1 Ph.D. programme. The curriculum prescribed by the parent university for Arts, and science is adapted by the college. The Y.C.M.O.U. Nasik courses in the institute are prescribed by YCMOU courses Nasik B.A. B.Com. and D.M.L.T. courses are run under distance Education mode. UGC has sanctioned two COC to the college viz: Communication skill in English & Mushroom cultivation.
- The Career guidance and Placement cell maintains professional relations with the Placement cell of industry. The students of various departments of the college are taken for industrial visits. The faculty members of the college are also motivated to take up research projects initiated by the affiliating university or the UGC.
- Action plans, various practice tests, yearly exams, systematic documentation, remedial action and strategies are to achieve the stated objectives of the curriculum.
- Institution offer facility of twinning dual degree as students may take admission to the course of B.A. As well as B.Com of YCMOU center, B. Sc. student may appear for B.A. of YCMOU. And B. Sc. students may appear for DMLT course of YCMOU center. Diploma in Medical Lab Technician of Y.C.M.O.U. is helpful to improve knowledge of medical sciences in regional area.
- The institution being an affiliated college to the SGB Amravati University does not have the freedom of formulating its own curriculum. The college supplements the university's Curriculum by imparting special programmes like Personality development, coaching classes for various Competitive exams through "Yashada" a placement and counseling cell of college.
- Co-education system for girls and boys, women sexual harassment cell works for issues related to gender discrimination. College organized workshop on "Women's Empowerment" to create gender awareness. The legal advisory authority imparted the training on legal issues and laws to some of the staff member of the college. The Students are also motivated by special lectures and social awareness programs. Communication Skills workshop, Group discussions, Essay writing, Recitation of poetry, Declamation Contests is held. Students are also allotted the different responsibilities in organizing various events and activities such as cultural programmes, competitions, seminars, workshops. Basic Computer Operation, the Personality development Program and Coaching classes for various Competitive help for better career option.Department of sociology works through community service for health problems, and daily needs of senior citizens of "Vrudhashram"
- Feedback from students and alumni, the suggestions from dignitaries in the local community are analyzed. Feed back and suggestions on curriculum from students, alumni, employees and academic peers are recommended to university authorities/chairman of BOS/ member of the BOS for kind consideration. The feedback is analyzed and thought over by the Management, Principal and faculty members of the institute.